The ANA Leadership Institute™ has partnered with Capella University to bring you a new and innovative way to strengthen your leadership effectiveness and increase your confidence as a leader. It's interactive learning, on your terms and on your time.
With our new self-paced leadership courses, you are in control of your development. Spend as much time as you need on each course module without the confines of a class structure, due dates, or specified course sequencing. Each self-paced course is designed for nurses and health care professionals at all levels of experience and is structured to give you up to five contact hours of continuing education credit.
ANA Leadership Institute's self-paced courses:
- Agile Decision-Making
- Moral Courage
- Mentor and Coach Others
- Becoming a Transformational Leader
- Build & Sustain Collaborative Relationships
- Problem Solving Using Informatics and Evidence
- The Art and Science of Project Management
- Motivate & Develop Others
- Develop and Refine Your Leadership Style
These courses are so much more than a CE webinar. Each course consists of the following:
- A 30-to-45-minute industry expert instructional video divided into 5-to-7-minute flexible segments.
- Assigned reading to help ground you in the foundation and current research of each topic.
- A simulation exercise, where you will interact in a scenario-based learning module in order to practice solving real-world challenges.
- Check-for-learning quiz to gauge your development progress.
- On-the-job activity, so you can immediately apply what you are learning at your place of work.
- Self-evaluation to assess your development and inform how your new leadership knowledge can help shape the future of patient care.
These four self-paced courses are just the first of many to come. Grounded in an evidence-based competency model, these courses build your effectiveness in leading yourself, leading others, and leading your organization. They will equip you with the knowledge, skills, and confidence vital to developing leadership acumen.
ANA Members: $112.50
Earn up to 5 contact hours per course.
The American Nurses Association Center for Continuing Education and Professional Development is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
ANCC Provider Number 0023
ANA is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP6178, for 2.4 contact hours.